Performs duties involving the implementation and planning of events and activities with direction from the Recreation Manager, which meet physical, mental and psycho-social needs and interests of the residents.
Duties and Responsibilities: The employee is required to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with minimal supervision. The following functions are considered essential to this position:
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of activities that meet resident’s specific needs, including large groups, small groups, and individual participation.
- Maintain documentation as required by RHRA regulations
- Assist with Resident activity assessments and evaluations.
- Tend the Bar during Happy Hour
- Lead group fitness classes.
- Escort Residents on outings when needed
- Front Desk coverage.
- Will be expected to participate in Department in-service training.
- Great organizational, communication and social skills while displaying a pleasant and mature personality.
- Must have previous experience planning and implementing activities for seniors.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Diploma in Recreation & Leisure Services or equivalent.
- Must be able to move furniture and lift 40lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and with limited supervision as well as being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must having dementia training and/or experience working with individuals who have dementia
- Total of 15.5 hours bi-weekly with the possibility to pick up extra hours
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields